Forest City Punk Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

who actually reads this?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ourownwar
Circle Pit
ourownwar

who actually reads this? Empty
PostSubject: who actually reads this?   who actually reads this? I_icon_minitime16/9/2011, 9:59 am

So its a bit of a bummer that this forum isnt as active as i would like it to be. The other admins and i have made a solid attempt at trying to keep this alive and fuction. It just seems no one has any interst or maybe people are just to scared to post? should we make further efforts to post on here?

I personaly love online communities and i read these things all day at work it keeps me entertained. I just feel that london scene is lacking participation.

:Dustin
Back to top Go down
Woody
Mosh-Guard Hugger
Woody

PostSubject: Re: who actually reads this?   who actually reads this? I_icon_minitime16/9/2011, 2:09 pm

I stop in every few days to see what's going on here. Unfortunately there's rarely any new activity.
Back to top Go down
http://chaosimprint.blogspot.com/
ourownwar
Circle Pit
ourownwar

PostSubject: Re: who actually reads this?   who actually reads this? I_icon_minitime16/9/2011, 2:32 pm

yeah i hear ya, i put in a solid attempt to post new topics regularly but it was like talking to an empty room. maybe i will reattempt to post more and spam the forum page on facebook again. Razz
Back to top Go down
Woody
Mosh-Guard Hugger
Woody

PostSubject: Re: who actually reads this?   who actually reads this? I_icon_minitime16/9/2011, 2:34 pm

I printed off some of the handbills. I'll put 'em out when we play shows. That's the best I can do.
Back to top Go down
http://chaosimprint.blogspot.com/
teenager17
Mosh-Guard Hugger
teenager17

PostSubject: Re: who actually reads this?   who actually reads this? I_icon_minitime18/9/2011, 11:47 pm

I found out about this message board in the first place because one of my friends on facebook liked the "forest city ponx rock committee" page, so I checked it out and found the link to this message board from there. I decided to start posting here a couple days after that because I had a great time talking to random people at the NOFX show (back in June). I think I've completely neglected posting in the "buy sell trade" and "free music distro" sections of this board, though I've responded to some other ones. I like the fact that people here seem a lot nicer than other message boards I've joined before, some people have gotten annoyed at me before because they thought I've been starting too many threads.

A few days after I joined this message board Hailey encouraged me to check out a show at the dude ranch ("dude where's my fest"), and I had a great time there...even though I didn't know most people there it was great meeting people. Unfortunately I wasn't able to go back until early September for the Shared Arms show, though it was awesome. People at the Dude Ranch definitely seem more friendly and less pretentious than the average people I've met at UWO parties. The only other local show I've been to this year was when your band opened for Black Lungs at rum runners in March. I'm busier now than the summer and I've had other things happening when other shows have taken place, though I definitely want to check out more shows at the dude ranch...the shows you have lined up with cover bands in November sound really interesting. I'm also hoping to make it to the 3 shows that are happening at Call the Office in early October (D.O.A., Strike Anywhere, Flatliners).

Lately I've been checking this board out every few days. I hope it doesn't shut down and I'll keep on replying to threads / posting from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Daragh
Awkward Pogo

PostSubject: Re: who actually reads this?   who actually reads this? I_icon_minitime26/9/2011, 12:02 am

I'm definitely glad that this place exists but it does feel somewhat insular. Perhaps trying to expand the scope somewhat beyond London events might increase the traffic here. I'm sure people putting together events in other S. Ontario cities (the people behind Hammer City Records in Hamilton would be one example) wouldn't mind another spot to promote their events and it could lead to more people checking things out here or just other events worthy of discussion. Regardless of what some people might think of the venue, encouraging Call the Office to post relevant gigs regularly would be nice (I know I can rarely seem to figure out upcoming events that might be of interest there unless I happen to go to their myspace or fb page on the day of the show in question). Maybe even encouraging Mike at Speed City Records to post updates of new arrivals in the store, reaching out to people who do radio shows to post their playlists, or even having links to local blogs people are doing (maybe even putting something on Kijiji would get a few new people checking the place out) would be other examples of things that could come under the Forest City P_nk Rock umbrella.
Back to top Go down
ourownwar
Circle Pit
ourownwar

PostSubject: Re: who actually reads this?   who actually reads this? I_icon_minitime26/9/2011, 9:21 am

Daragh wrote:
I'm definitely glad that this place exists but it does feel somewhat insular. Perhaps trying to expand the scope somewhat beyond London events might increase the traffic here. I'm sure people putting together events in other S. Ontario cities (the people behind Hammer City Records in Hamilton would be one example) wouldn't mind another spot to promote their events and it could lead to more people checking things out here or just other events worthy of discussion. Regardless of what some people might think of the venue, encouraging Call the Office to post relevant gigs regularly would be nice (I know I can rarely seem to figure out upcoming events that might be of interest there unless I happen to go to their myspace or fb page on the day of the show in question). Maybe even encouraging Mike at Speed City Records to post updates of new arrivals in the store, reaching out to people who do radio shows to post their playlists, or even having links to local blogs people are doing (maybe even putting something on Kijiji would get a few new people checking the place out) would be other examples of things that could come under the Forest City P_nk Rock umbrella.

really great suggestions! keep em coming. i actually know both those people so maybe i can encourage them to post here. i could probably post the CTO shows that i know of, i just to stop being so lazy. as far as expanding beyond london events there is another msg board that i requent which is for the "519" area i just felt like there was a lack of a London presence and its fairly KW/Guelph dominated. we were just trying to create something to help the london scene and get people talking. Smile
Back to top Go down
robinhood
Mosh-Guard Hugger
robinhood

PostSubject: Re: who actually reads this?   who actually reads this? I_icon_minitime4/10/2011, 8:08 pm

i run a little distro of zines and art and patches, i always give out hand bills to who ever ends up coming over to my booth. I defiantly hope that we re gain some momentum, i like daraghs idea of posting kijiji.
i suggest that anyone in a band keeps bills on their merch booth.
Back to top Go down
http://robinhoodandthegoldenpizza.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: who actually reads this?   who actually reads this? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

who actually reads this?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forest City Punk Rock :: Support Your Local Scene :: Random Thought-
Jump to: