Forest City Punk Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

looking to create a local digital compilation

Go down 
+7
GavinCM
teenager17
DANNYKIDD
Matty Cusick Rules
Woody
Hailey Edge
ourownwar
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ourownwar
Circle Pit
ourownwar

looking to create a local digital compilation  Empty
PostSubject: looking to create a local digital compilation    looking to create a local digital compilation  I_icon_minitime12/7/2011, 1:52 pm

so i have been throwing around the idea of doing a local comp for london and surronding towns. punx/hardcore/ska/etc.

was thinking of maybe making a bandcamp page to host it so bands can spread it around.

would anyone be interested in submitting music? or listening to it? if i were to put in the effort to collect tracks from bands.

Dustin
Back to top Go down
Hailey Edge
Former Juggalette
Hailey Edge

PostSubject: Re: looking to create a local digital compilation    looking to create a local digital compilation  I_icon_minitime12/7/2011, 2:48 pm

Eek Dustin, awesome idea!! If you get anything started up let me know and i'll message all of the people I know in bands, telling them to look into it. I definitely think it's a great idea. Would you want to do London specific or 519 wide?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/hailey.edge
Woody
Mosh-Guard Hugger
Woody

PostSubject: Re: looking to create a local digital compilation    looking to create a local digital compilation  I_icon_minitime13/7/2011, 7:56 pm

I'd contribute for sure.
Back to top Go down
http://chaosimprint.blogspot.com/
Matty Cusick Rules
Awkward Pogo
Matty Cusick Rules

PostSubject: Re: looking to create a local digital compilation    looking to create a local digital compilation  I_icon_minitime15/7/2011, 8:29 pm

as long as all the proceeds go to charity like for homeless street punks who are to lazy to shower and get a job I'm down. I am really being serious......

anyway this sounds like a alright idea and The Clydesdales and The Matty Cusick Rules would offer something up.
Back to top Go down
http://themattycusickrules.bandcamp.com/
DANNYKIDD
Awkward Pogo
DANNYKIDD

PostSubject: Re: looking to create a local digital compilation    looking to create a local digital compilation  I_icon_minitime17/7/2011, 4:12 pm

This sounds like a fucking rad idea!
I could probably get some songs together for it with a few bands
Back to top Go down
teenager17
Mosh-Guard Hugger
teenager17

PostSubject: Re: looking to create a local digital compilation    looking to create a local digital compilation  I_icon_minitime17/7/2011, 7:01 pm

This is a great idea, I'll would definitely buy this compilation at a show or online
Back to top Go down
GavinCM
Awkward Pogo
GavinCM

PostSubject: Re: looking to create a local digital compilation    looking to create a local digital compilation  I_icon_minitime22/7/2011, 4:02 pm

Hey Dustin I'm sure we'd be in. Oh and we are going to need a crew of people to come up and yell on 7.1% soon at Siggy's. I'll let you know when if you're interested.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/chasingmercury
ourownwar
Circle Pit
ourownwar

PostSubject: Re: looking to create a local digital compilation    looking to create a local digital compilation  I_icon_minitime25/7/2011, 3:59 pm

i was thinking it would be FREE to help spread the word of the bands. like if my band contributed we would share the link for the album as much as we could which would exspose all the other bands to our friends and fans and vice versa for us with the other bands.

we could set it up as PWYC dontation and give it to a local charity too if people wanted. but im totally cool with it being free because it was my frist thought.
Back to top Go down
ourownwar
Circle Pit
ourownwar

PostSubject: Re: looking to create a local digital compilation    looking to create a local digital compilation  I_icon_minitime25/7/2011, 4:00 pm

GavinCM wrote:
Hey Dustin I'm sure we'd be in. Oh and we are going to need a crew of people to come up and yell on 7.1% soon at Siggy's. I'll let you know when if you're interested.

id totally be down with doing some gang vocals gav!
Back to top Go down
SummerCamp
Awkward Pogo

PostSubject: Re: looking to create a local digital compilation    looking to create a local digital compilation  I_icon_minitime28/7/2011, 5:07 pm

backed.
Back to top Go down
robinhood
Mosh-Guard Hugger
robinhood

PostSubject: Re: looking to create a local digital compilation    looking to create a local digital compilation  I_icon_minitime4/8/2011, 3:09 pm

id love to contribute, actually disleksick dave and i were talking about doing something similar to this.
Back to top Go down
http://robinhoodandthegoldenpizza.tumblr.com
secretninjaboy
Awkward Pogo

PostSubject: Re: looking to create a local digital compilation    looking to create a local digital compilation  I_icon_minitime9/8/2011, 8:27 pm

I have old Closed Minds songs, but our new stuff will be coming out soon?
Back to top Go down
OffensiveAaron
Awkward Pogo
OffensiveAaron

PostSubject: Re: looking to create a local digital compilation    looking to create a local digital compilation  I_icon_minitime10/8/2011, 3:29 am

If my band finishes recording a song/finds a bassist/becomes more active by then I'm down, otherwise, I'll listen to it a bunch.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Offensive-Senses/1349050699138
ourownwar
Circle Pit
ourownwar

PostSubject: Re: looking to create a local digital compilation    looking to create a local digital compilation  I_icon_minitime29/9/2011, 3:49 pm

i think im going to start collecting submissions im just going to figure out the best way to do this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: looking to create a local digital compilation    looking to create a local digital compilation  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

looking to create a local digital compilation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forest City Punk Rock :: Support Your Local Scene :: Music & Art Discussion-
Jump to: